top of page

Ways I Can Help

Special Education Issues

For students who need them, special education services are a lifeline. Unfortunately, even though most schools are required by federal law to identify these students and provide them services, schools often move too slowly or completely bypass students in need. If you think your child's school is not giving them what they need to succeed, get in touch. Here are some ways I can help:

  • Seeking special education evaluations and advocating for your child at eligibility meetings

  • Advocating at special education meetings for the services, accommodations, and modifications your child needs

  • Holding schools accountable when they fail to provide services they agreed to provide

  • Helping to secure a placement in a more supportive setting

  • Protecting your child from being disciplined due to their disabilities

Child Requiring Assistance Cases

Child Requiring Assistance (also known as a CRA) petitions ask courts to help with difficult behaviors by minors such as running away and refusing to attend school. They can be filed by custodians, schools, and sometimes police. These cases can result in children and families getting services, but they can also result in changes of custody. If your child's school files a CRA, reach out and I can help you navigate the case.

bottom of page